Not everyone wants to know if they are having a girl or boy. They want to be surprised when the little bundle of joy arrives, so they often purchase neutral baby bedding and clothing. However, this doesn’t mean that you must choose white or tan baby bedding. There are many options available for gender neutral baby bedding and decorative items. Some are bold and vivid, while others are soft and gentle.
Neutral Baby Bedding Ideas
White is often a popular choice with families who do not know the sex of the baby beforehand. It symbolizes the pure innocence of the baby and it’s provides a soft, comforting feel to the nursery. However, for those that want a bit more color, greens, yellows, and lavender are also popular choices. Colors aren’t the only choices that are available, though. You might also consider neutral baby bedding that features Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, or Curious George. Religious themes are quite popular, too, such as Noah’s ark.
You should consider the decorating that your baby’s nursery will have, such as the wall coverings, curtains or drapes, and nursery furniture. While certainly not a necessity, most parents want to have it all coordinating to provide a warm, comforting feeling to the room. Some of the latest designer nursery bedding sets and accessories have bold lines, patterns, and colors. Many are gender neutral and can often create a nice flow from this room into the rest of your home. You may want to consider this type of style and design if you are concerned with how the overall feel and look of the nursery will compliment the look and feel of the rest of the home.
Where to Find Unisex Baby Bedding
DK Leigh Owl 10 Piece Gender Neutral Crib Bedding Set, Yellow/Green
- Made of 100% cotton
- Includes quilt, bumper, fitted sheet, crib skirt, 2 window valences, 2 decorative pillows, diaper stacker and toy bag
- Machine wash cold on delicate cycle, tumble dry on low setting
Little Bedding by NoJo Elephant Time 4-Piece Crib Bedding Set, Yellow. Limited Time On Sale
- Little Bedding by NoJo Elephant Time 4-Piece Crib Bedding Set Includes: comforter with dimensional details, 4-section bumper (2 long sides and 2 short sides), fitted crib sheet and dust ruffle
- Comforter dimensions: 33" x 42"
- Bumper dimensions; long sections 10" x 52"; short sections 10" x 27"
- Dust ruffle: 27" x 51" platform with 10" drop
- Sheet dimensions: fits standard 28" x 52" crib mattress
Summer Infant 4 Piece Monkey Jungle Collection Crib Set, Neutral
2 used from $ 46.97
- Crib wrap eliminates gaps in cribs that could cause entrapment
- Applique comforter hangs easily on wall as a design centerpiece or use on the floor for tummy time
- Crib sheet is fully elasticized for a snug fit
- Machine washable
- Crib skirt fits 28 x 52 inches mattress
Arbor Friends 4 Piece Baby Crib Bedding Set by Not Neutral
- Set includes a quilt, dust ruffle, fitted sheet and window valance
- Quilt measures 36 inches x 45 inches
- Dust ruffle has a 14 inch drop
- Fitted sheet is made to fit a standard size 28 inch x 52 inch crib mattress
- Window valance is 60 inches x 14 inches, and hangs from 8 grommets along the top
NoJo Little Bedding Ocean Dreams 3 Piece Crib Bedding Set
- The set includes an appliqued comforter, printed dust ruffle and bubble dot print fitted crib sheet
- Comforter dimensions: 42 x 33 inches. Dust ruffle: 10 inches drop. Sheet dimensions: fits standard 28 x 52 inches crib mattress.
- Care instructions: machine wash separately in cold water, gentle cycle; use only non-chlorine bleach when needed; tumble dry on low heat; iron on low heat when needed
The internet is a great place to see what is in style today. You can usually gather up some great ideas, consider different color palettes, and see if some baby items actually make you think “girl” or “boy.” The internet gives you a chance to compare prices on different neutral baby bedding items, including the sets that contain crib sheets, blankets, comforters, and bumper pads.
When you find something you like, make your purchase and have it delivered to your door within just a few days. It’s one of the simplest ways to determine what nursery bedding you want to design for your baby. Be sure to check out the shipping charges, refund or exchange policy, and that all products you buy meet the safety requirements for use in a crib or around a baby.
A Final Thought or Two
Neutral baby bedding is a great choice for soon-to-be parents who don’t want to know in advance whether it will be a boy or girl. You’re not limited to only neutral colors and designs, which means that bold, vivid colors and patterns may be just the answer you’re looking for. Whatever, you decide, remember that your baby simply wants to feel secure, loved, and comfortable. As long as you have that, the rest is simply decoration.