Setting up a nursery means buying quite a few goodies for baby. As a mom, I naturally did my best to pick products for my nursery that I thought would be best. Now given a choice between a product that contains chemicals and a natural alternative that doesn’t contain chemicals … most parents will choose the natural alternative for their baby. No surprise there really.
What alarmed me was the amount of baby products made just for the sake of making money rather than whats truly best for our babies. The more I researched the madder I got. I decided enough is enough, to vote with my wallet and after doing some digging I found that some companies had heard us concerned parents and eco friendly crib and baby bedding was available – and parents and babies alike love it.
So I set upon trying to set up a green nursey for my little one. Whether it was blankets, clothing, rugs, bedding, you name it … I tried to find green and safe natural alternatives. I was struggling to find a good source in my neighborhood so I did most of my homework and shopping online. You really have to spend a little extra time weighing up whether it’s worth the money because sometimes the natural products are more expensive.
Anyway, It took a little extra work to research and budget but I think I did OK in the end and I know that little Benjamin will sleep safe in his mostly green nursery.
It’s been on the news time and time again that many large companies and many large brands have their baby products made in China. This generally isn’t a propblem but when it gets on the News it’s because it’s bad news for our children. You see, the laws aren’t as tough in many of these overseas factories and in order for them to make more profit they will use cheaper materials which can be toxic. This might be cheaper inks to go on baby blankets, cheaper fabrics that have been dyed with questionable dyes and so on.
The alternative is to choose green baby bedding; or eco friendly baby bedding. These are products that are often made from organic cotton (pesticide free) and then dyed or treated with safe, natural dyes (if they are dyed at all) before they are turned into baby bedding.
This way you know the company is standing behind their product with an assurance of healthy safe bedding. With eco friendly bedding, your child is not at risk of inhaling any toxins into their lungs or absorbing them through skin contact because the toxin simply aren’t there. I don’t know about you, but that makes me feel safe about my kids.
Sweet Jojo Designs Spirodot Lime and Black Gender Neutral Baby Bedding 9 pc Boy or Girl Crib Set
- 9 Piece Set Includes: (1)Crib Blanket, (1)Bumper, (1)Fitted Sheet, (1)Skirt, (2)Window Valances, (1)Diaper Stacker, (1)Toy Bag and (1)Throw Pillow
- **Sweet Jojo Designs also offers an 11 piece bumperless set
- This set uses a contemporary circles print in black, white, and lime paired with various polka dot prints
- This set is made of 100% cotton and machine washable
- This design has matching accessories such as hampers, lamp shades, window treatments and wall decor
Trend Lab 3 Piece Crib Bedding Set, Perfectly Preppy
- 3 Piece Crib Bedding Set Includes: Quilt, Fitted Crib Sheet, Crib Skirt
- Quilt: 35" x 45"; Crib Sheet: fits a standard 52" x 28" crib mattress and features 8" deep pockets; Skirt: 15" drop
- Machine Wash
- Quilt/sheet: 100% cotton; skirt: 100% cotton; white decking
- Coordinating Perfectly Preppy crib bumpers and room accessories are sold separately
American Baby Company Heavenly Soft Minky Dot 4-Piece Crib Bedding Set, Celery
- The Heavenly Soft Minky Dot 4 Piece Crib set fits all standard crib and toddler bed mattresses
- Ultra soft and elegant chenille material is perfect for baby's sensitive skin
- Beautiful pastel colors to help decorate baby's nursery
- Set includes: Heavenly soft bumper, reversible comforter, 100% supreme cotton jersey sheet, and 100% cotton percale bed skirt
My Baby Sam Pixie Baby 3 Piece Crib Bedding Set, Pink and Green
- Bumper sold separately
- Includes crib skirt, crib sheet, and blanket
- Machine washable